Friday 18 July 2014

the surgery

I'll tell you about my surgery
As you all know i have to remove three of my wisdom teeth
They say don't eat until 12 am the day before of the surgery not even any water
I was hungry and also a little bit sleepy bcos i stayed a late so i became just a lil bit grumpy
My stepdad came with me, that was a good thing bcos i will be sedated and feel "spacy"
The anesthesiologist was pretty nice
She said she has been a nurse for 38 years, that is some awesome dedication
I hope i'll be one like her but i would want to work in the OR (operating room)
I had an IV (intravenous) it was my first time i ever had although i've been to hospitals before but i was never confined or anything
I was always sick good thing i'm not anymore
Oh i also had continuous check of my blood pressure just in case it drops
And a pulse oximeter which is used to check oxygen saturation if it is normal but if it's not, a nurse would give an oxygen mask just like what you often watch in the movies to help you breathe better back to normal
Trust me i know, i'm a future nurse ~~~
The nurse told me that i'm gonna be in a "twilight sleep"
(you remembered the twilight movie series right?)
Anyways it means, i'm gonna be in a light sleep where i can hear voices and but i won't be able to wake up unless the nurse put the meds to wake me up
So i guess it was pretty normal when i think i heard the doctor say something and i remembered opening my eyes half way but i was not really awake
I felt like i was drunk but not drunk drunk bcos my head did not hurt but i felt i was in clouds (something like that)
I remember i even did a tandem gait test which is walking in a straight line with heel to toe
Just like how drunk drivers are tested when they get caught driving or speeding
I that walk test to show my stepdad i'm okay and i was fine (just trying to show off i guess blame it on the meds)
Truth be told i have to idea how i got home it was a blurred, good thing my stepdad parked his car right in front of the clinic or else i couldn't imagine how i could walk far
I'm lucky i didn't get any swelling of my face although there was a lot of bleeding and gladly there was no unbearable pain
There was a lot of bleeding that i have to change gauze pads for i think every less than 10 minutes
I found out that one of my step cousin has hers removed last week and until now she's in pain and a little bit of swelling
At 4 pm i was able to eat vanilla pudding and drink lots of water
And for dinner i had chicken soup and strawberry ice cream for dessert
I have to eat the soft and liquid foods at room temperature not too cold or too hurt for that will affect the healing of my gums
I was one lucky person i believe
I thanked my stepdad for being patient with me through out day
He always came and check up on me to see if i need anything
It was one heck of an experience
I wish i could've watched myself but it wasn't possible but maybe someday we will never know i might be an anesthesiologist and i would be your nurse when you have your future wisdom teeth extractions
Good luck `

No comments:

Post a Comment